Diversity and Inclusion
The EMAS Diversity and Inclusion Task Force consider various issues related to diversity, inclusion, and equity.
The committee explores how our division’s practices, policies, and culture promote or hinder progress in these areas for both students and division staff. The committee seeks input from division stakeholders and considers evidence-based solutions to make recommendations for improvements.
New members are recruited each year, and the committee will select at least one representative from each EMAS unit.
The 2021-2022 co-chairs are Marcelle France (Student Services Center) and Allison Medlin (Goodnight Scholars/C3).
The committee members serving for 2021-2022 are:
- Zeynep Akyil (Scholarships and Financial Aid)
- Ronnie Chalmers (Undergraduate Admissions)
- Jordan Garrison (Registration and Records)
- Alex Moore (Enrollment Systems and Operations)
- Valerie Oti (Parents and Families Services)
- Lydia Warpoole (Student Services Center)
The committee meets once or twice a month during the academic year.
The first meeting for the 2021-2022 academic year will take place on August 25 at 10-11 a.m.