2018 Emerging Scholars Academy: June 24 – June 30.
The Emerging Scholars Academy is a six-day residential academic enrichment program located on the NC State University campus. This program is designed for high school students who have a strong interest and appreciation for the African American experience and culture. Students chosen as Emerging Scholars will:
- Experience University Campus Life
- Attend Classes taught by University Professors
- Participate in College Preparation Activities
- Discuss Cultural Identifications and Concerns of African American Students
You must apply to be selected to attend the Academy by submitting the completed online form below. This program is offered at no charge, but there is a $10 deposit to confirm participation in the program. The deposit will cover the cost of program materials.
The NC State Emerging Scholars Academy is for you if you:
- Are a rising 11th grader
- Have a cumulative GPA of a 3.5 or higher or are in the top 10% of your class.
- Are interested in African American topics
- Are a leader in your school, family and/or community
The application deadline is April 15th. Selected participants will be notified by April 30.
Contact Pre-College Programs if you have any questions at firstname.lastname@example.org or 919-515-2434.