Parent Allies are NC State students that have been selected to provide support and leadership to the NC State Office of Parents & Families Services. These students assist in the programming, communications and services provided to parents and families of current NC State students.
Who is an ideal Parent Ally?
- A positive role model who is actively involved – both in and outside of the classroom
- Comfortable leading group discussions and working closely with parents, staff, students and faculty
- Strong interpersonal communication skills
- Professional, confident and articulate
- Outgoing and friendly
What are the qualifications?
- Undergraduate student who will be enrolled for the entire 2018-2019 academic year
- Eligible students must have accumulated 30+ credits by the beginning of the 2018 fall semester
- Must be in good academic standing
- Considered an upstanding member of the NC State community who does not have an unresolved student conduct record with the University
What are the time commitments?
- Participate in all aspects of PFS Sponsored events: Parents & Families Weekend and Spring Fling
- Participate in our annual parent leadership training program and staff retreat
- Fulfill a minimum of 1.5 office hours bi-weekly between Sept-Nov and Jan-April (December and May will be scheduled based upon availability)
- Monthly meetings during the academic year
What are the benefits to being a Parent Ally?
- Small team collaboration
- Enhanced customer service training
- Experience with event planning and implementation
- Strengthening of people skills
- Social media management and blog writing experience
- Opportunities for small and large group presentations
- Experience working with a diverse constituent group
- Networking opportunities
- Personalized Leadership Development Plan (optional)
Interested or have more questions? Email the Parents’ HelpLine at email@example.com today.