Parent Allies are NC State students that have been selected to provide support and leadership to the NC State Office of Parents and Families Services. These students assist in the programming, communications and services provided to parents and families of current NC State students.
Who is an ideal Parent Ally?
- A positive role model who is actively involved – both in and outside of the classroom
- Comfortable leading group discussions and working closely with parents, staff, students and faculty
- Strong interpersonal communication skills
- Professional, confident and articulate
- Outgoing and friendly
What are the qualifications?
- An undergraduate student who will be enrolled for the entire 2020-2021 academic year
- Eligible students must have accumulated 30+ credits by the beginning of the 2020 fall semester
- Must be in good academic standing
- Considered an upstanding member of the NC State community who does not have an unresolved student conduct record with the University
What are the time commitments?
- Participate in all aspects of PFS Sponsored events: Parents and Families Weekend (Oct. 30 – Nov. 1) and Spring Fling (Dates TBD)
- Participate in our annual leadership training (August 2020) and staff retreat (April 2021)
- Fulfill a minimum of 2.0 office hours weekly between Sept-Nov and Jan-April (December and May will be scheduled based upon availability)
- Monthly meetings during the academic year
What are the benefits to being a Parent Ally?
- Small team collaboration
- Enhanced customer service training
- Experience with event planning and implementation
- Strengthening of people skills
- Social media management and blog writing experience
- Opportunities for small and large group presentations
- Experience working with a diverse constituent group
- Networking opportunities
- Personalized Leadership Development Plan (optional)
Interested or have more questions? Email the Parents’ HelpLine at firstname.lastname@example.org today.