Parent Allies are NC State students that have been selected to provide support and leadership to the NC State Office of Parents and Families Services. These students assist in the programming, communications and services provided to parents and families of current NC State students.
Who is an ideal Parent Ally?
- A positive role model who is actively involved – both in and outside of the classroom
- Comfortable leading group discussions and working closely with parents, staff, students and faculty
- Strong interpersonal communication skills
- Professional, confident and articulate
- Outgoing and friendly
What are the qualifications?
- An undergraduate student who will be enrolled for spring 2021 AND the duration of the 2021-2022 academic year
- Eligible students must have accumulated 30+ credits by the beginning of the 2021 spring semester
- Must be in good academic standing
- Considered an upstanding member of the NC State community who does not have an unresolved student conduct record with the University
What are the time commitments?
- Participate in all aspects of PFS Sponsored events
- Participate in our annual leadership training and staff retreat (Dates are TBD)
- Fulfill a minimum of 2.0 office hours weekly between Sept-Nov and Jan-April (December and May will be scheduled based upon availability)
- Weekly meetings during the academic year
What are the benefits to being a Parent Ally?
- Small team collaboration
- Enhanced customer service training
- Experience with event planning and implementation
- Strengthening of people skills
- Social media management and blog writing experience
- Opportunities for small and large group presentations
- Experience working with a diverse constituent group
- Networking opportunities
- Personalized Leadership Development Plan (optional)
Being a Parent Ally is a unique role on campus that diversifies your leadership experience, translates well into the work-force and looks great on a resume. Apply Today!
Interested or have more questions? Email the Parents’ HelpLine at firstname.lastname@example.org today.