The Office of Parents & Families Service honors all NC State families by recognizing a Family of the Year. The award is intended to celebrate the supportive role families play in the lives of students and the University community. Honoring outstanding parents/families helps remind the NC State community that families are an essential part of the support network for our students.
Family of the Year recipients will receive:
- $500 Book Scholarship
- Complimentary Parents & Families Weekend event tickets (up to 4 members) including the September 16th football game v. Furman University
- Weekend hotel accommodations for your family
- A commemorative plaque presented to you and your family during the football game
- Students living on campus will receive free cable service Spring semester
- Your family featured in campus newspapers, newsletters and on the Parents & Families website
Details & Criteria
All NC State undergraduates are eligible to nominate their family. All families are eligible for nomination regardless of alumni status or state of residence. Submissions will be judged according to the following criteria:
- Evidence of family’s support for student’s college success
- Evidence of family’s enthusiasm for the University
- Creativity of submissions
Submissions should creatively reflect the family’s support for the student and the university, creativity and execution of submission. Essays (1000 words or less) must be well written and grammatically correct. Videos (2-4 mins. max.) must be concise, appealing and formatted correctly.
Deadline for nominations is August 31, 2017.