Show off some Wolfpack spirit by welcoming your parents and families to NC State’s Parents & Families Weekend! Teams can be large or small and the Banner Contest is open to all student organizations. “Ban” together as a team and create a spirit banner worthy of welcoming your parents and family to campus. The team with the winning banner will receive a prize of $150, a plaque for display and bragging rights of course, and will be announced during the NC State v. Furman football game on Saturday, September 16.
All teams must complete the Banner Contest Registration Form online or request a form from your Hall Director/IRC representative and email this form to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than Friday, September 8, 2017.
All participating banners must:
- include the event title Parents & Families Weekend and the dates (September 15- 17, 2017)
- meet required dimensions and be no larger than a standard pillow case size.
- refrain from use of profanity and obscenities on the banner. Use of these will result in disqualification.
- not list any other universities. All banners should be “State” centered.
- be displayed in or outside of your organization (must be visual to passers by), by Noon on Thursday, September 14 for judging and remain displayed through Sunday, September 17.
All banners are encouraged to:
- “Welcome Parents & Families!”
- generate Wolfpack Pride
- be original. (Banner from previous years cannot be used)
All Banners will be judged on the following criteria:
- Creativity, Maximum of 10 points
- Effort, Maximum of 10 points
- Followed guidelines (listed above), Maximum of 10 points.
NC State Faculty/Staff will be selected from the university community to serve as judges. The winning organization will be announced at the NC State v. Furman Football game on Saturday, September 16, 2017.
If you have any questions or need additional information, please call the Office of Parents & Families Services at 515-2441 or send an email to email@example.com.