Parent Allies are NC State students that have been selected to provide support and leadership to the NC State Office of Parents & Families Services. These students assist in the programming, communications and services provided to parents and families of current NC State students.
Who is an ideal Parent Ally?
- A positive role model who is actively involved – both in and outside of the classroom.
- Comfortable leading group discussions and working closely with parents, staff, students and faculty.
- Strong interpersonal communication skills.
- Professional, confident and articulate.
- Outgoing and friendly.
What are the qualifications?
- Undergraduate student who will be enrolled for the entire 2014-2015 academic year.
- Eligible students must have accumulated 30+ credits by the beginning of the 2014 fall semester.
- Cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher.
- Considered an upstanding member of the NC State community who does not have a student conduct record with the University.
What are the time commitments?
- Participate in all aspects of PFS Sponsored events: Parents & Families Weekend and Spring Fling
- Participate in our annual parent leadership training program and staff retreat
- Fulfill a min. of 1.5 office hours bi-weekly between Sept-Nov and Jan-April (December and May will be scheduled based upon availability)
- Monthly meetings during the academic year